By taking action now to support AWSC, you can give scientists the resources needed for current and long term white shark research projects. Your contribution will also support much-needed education and outreach programs.
We are an all-volunteer nonprofit, so 100% of your donation will go directly where it is needed most: sustainable research to increase our knowledge of white sharks and better protect them, our Summer Camp Scholarship Program, educational materials, public outreach and school talks to increase awareness, assisting local towns to improve public safety.
Make a secure, one-time contribution using your PayPal account or credit card.
Subscribe as an ongoing supporter and enable us to sustain research, education and conservation efforts.
If you prefer to donate by mail, you may send a check payable to:
Atlantic White Shark Conservancy, PO Box 2721, Orleans, MA 02653.
There are many ways to support AWSC! >> Shop AWSC Merchandise | Order AWSC License Plate
Where your donations go:
Thank you to our 2013 donors who supported:
- Purchase of acoustic tags for tracking white shark movements along the coast of Cape Cod and beyond
- Purchase of a dedicated computer to download and analyze receiver data
- Vessel and spotter plane expenses for tagging trips
- Creation + distribution of shark education kits
- Scholarships for children to attend Cape Cod summer camp programs with a shark curriculum
- Increase acoustic monitoring of local white shark movement to assess behavior (this information can be used to improve public safety)
- Expand research on population size, long range movements, genetics, reproduction, and other elements of great white shark biology
- Incorporate a shark curriculum in the majority of children summer and after school programs across the Cape and beyond
- Enlarge the scholarship program
- Sponsor teacher shark training workshops
Program & Activity Costs:
- Spotter plane (one hour): $225
- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History summer camp (one week): $280
- Acoustic tag: $400
- Mass Audubon summer camp (one week): $455
- Gills Club newsletter (one month): $500
- Buoy: $600
- Acoustic receiver repair: $800
- Acoustic receiver: $1500
- Blood processing (lab): $2000
- Real-time receiver: $4000
- PSAT tag: $5000