Introduction and Adventures in the field with New England Shark Experts
On May 6th, Cynthia Wigren, Atlantic White Shark Conservancy President, will be hosting a shark research lecture with Dr. John Mandelman, Director of research and senior scientist at the New England Aquarium.
We will be introducing an incredible line up of researchers!
- Dr. Greg Skomal, Senior marine fisheries biologist, Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries
- John Chisholm, Marine fisheries biologist, Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries
- Heather Marshall, PhD candidate, University of Massachusetts- Dartmouth
- Dr. James Sulikowski, Associate professor of marine science, University of New England
- Dr. Diego Bernal, Associate professor, University of Massachusetts- Dartmouth
- Tobey Curtis, Shark researcher and fisheries manager, NOAA Fisheries Service
- Dr. Jeff Kneebone, Research biologist
New England is home to many different species of sharks: great white, basking, blue and thresher to name a few. It is also home to many shark researchers who travel all over the world to help the conservation of these fascinating yet vulnerable animals. The speakers will provide an overview of the amazing work they conduct, while providing information on shark biology and their career paths. This lecture is not to be missed by any shark enthusiast!
The lecture is free! Registration required. Click here to register.